Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1038 1039 [1040] 1041 1042 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1583746 times)

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #15585 on: June 23, 2019, 12:40:49 AM »

Desperate Booker, Warren, and DeBlahzeeoh! Go after Joe. Why? Because he was able to work with the opposition.

https://www.npr.org/2019/06/19/734103488/democrats-blast-biden-for-recalling-civil-relationship-with-segregationists

Hmmmm. Maybe, just maybe, that's how you get things done, dummies!

Poor Joe. Too old. Too dumb. Too secict. Too white. Not woke!

And leading all the polls.

"Kick 'em, when they're up, kick 'em, when they're down...we love dirty laundry."

What do you expect to get done in the Senate?

McConnell doesn’t give a shit about anything but the acquisition and accumulation of power. He is nakedly partisan and would the country to the ground before giving any Democrat anything.

If you go by the polls from this time in 2007 the 2008 election would have been between Hillary and Rudy...

Joe Biden is like a favorite cardigan; comfortable, familiar but a bit thread worn and if you wear it everyday it’s gonna fray and come apart.

Joe will be fine... for a while.

And Booker is a fucking idiot. Reparations? Talk about perpetuating victimhood.

Fuck you and your bullshit victimhood. The only hood in here is on your pointy little head.

I
Besides being a Democrat and not Trump, what's the case for Biden? 

All I can come up with is that he was Obama's buddy and isn't as radical as many of the other Dems running.  Is it solely electability (more or less name recognition, at this point)?

But what is the affirmative case for Biden and what he would do?

He can win. There's the case. In a nutshell.

That's the case, but I think it is dead wrong.

His comments about (and ongoing pride in) his work with the segregationists will lose him too many progressives and too many Black and Hispanic voters to be able to beat Trump - but I think it will also preclude his getting the nomination.

Desperate Booker, Warren, and DeBlahzeeoh! Go after Joe. Why? Because he was able to work with the opposition.

https://www.npr.org/2019/06/19/734103488/democrats-blast-biden-for-recalling-civil-relationship-with-segregationists

"Kick 'em, when they're up, kick 'em, when they're down...we love dirty laundry."

McConnell doesn’t give a shit about anything but the acquisition and accumulation of power. He is nakedly partisan and would the country to the ground before giving any Democrat anything.

If you go by the polls from this time in 2007 the 2008 election would have been between Hillary and Rudy...

Joe Biden is like a favorite cardigan; comfortable, familiar but a bit thread worn and if you wear it everyday it’s gonna fray and come apart.

Fuck you and your bullshit victimhood. The only hood in here is on your pointy little head.

Poor 'Bama can't handle it,
 when the obvious fault in his stars is exposed.

Save your fuck yous for your commute, dipshit.

So Utley fell off the wagon... again.

No one does victimhood better than white people. That’s what Trump ran on.

Conservative historian John Lukacs makes clear how different the nationalist formula is from patriotism properly so called: it rests not on a sense of pride in place or background but in an intense sense of victimization.
The cry of the genuine patriot is “Leave us alone to be the people we have always been.”The populist nationalist cries, “We have been cheated of our birthright, and the Leader will give it back.”

Lukacs —- 2005 “Democracy And Populism: Fear and Hatred”

Have a seat fool. Oh, I don’t commute unless you consider going upstairs after the first coffee a commute.

https://www.newyorker.com/news/daily-comment/trump-and-obama-a-night-to-remember
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #15586 on: June 23, 2019, 12:48:39 AM »

All I can come up with is that he was Obama's buddy and isn't as radical as many of the other Dems running.  Is it solely electability (more or less name recognition, at this point)?

His comments about (and ongoing pride in) his work with the segregationists will lose him too many progressives and too many Black and Hispanic voters to be able to beat Trump - but I think it will also preclude his getting the nomination.

You should get out more. Talk to real people, instead of the fellow ivory tower cellmates. Nobody wants Ms. Warren, but the left. The left doesn't win. The center wins.. The center holds.. you have to think about the whole country, Joshie, not just the folks down at the village Green.

You think the center won for Obama?

He didn’t get the majority of white voters in either election.

Warren is probably going to become the front runner in a couple months and I expect the same energy that fueled the blue wave will prevail. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Warren and Harris be last ones standing.

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15587 on: June 23, 2019, 01:01:27 AM »

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

arafura

• View Profile
« Reply #15588 on: June 23, 2019, 02:37:26 AM »

Why are the kids winning in these lawsuits - not just in the US?

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-climate-change-permafrost-idUSKCN1TJ1XN

The Canadian permafrost is melting far earlie than anybody projected.

Here's an idea...what about Al Gore stops flying around the world [oh all those carbon emissions] lecturing on climate change.
Also, the school kiddy climate change protesters be banned from having heaters, airconditioners, dryers, hair dryers, gas-guzzling cars driving them to school, phone battery chargers, flying off/being driven on holidays etc etc etc.
...for starters.
Then we old folks might join the choir.

Your bullshit is no less stinky than Kiiid's.

Why not make your decision on the merits, rather than based on Al Gore's travel? Oh, wait - it's because Al Goe's travel is just a convenient rock to throw, not something that really influences you.

It's like when the liberals propose spending money on something and the GOP comes back with "but what about all the homeless people?" They don't care about the homeless, just the scoreboard. "Gotcha!" they cry out.

Al Gore preaches...in Brisbane, Queensland state, Australia recently;

https://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/al-gore-warns-india-wont-want-to-buy-coal-from-carmichael-mine/news-story/3cea4a049955b8c2d5677981dbf5c1c1

The Climate Reality Leadership Corps training at the Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre in South Brisbane. Pic Mark Cranitch.

Al Gore warns India won’t want to buy coal from Carmichael mine

Former US vice president Al Gore says Queensland could be left with a multibillion-dollar “hole in the ground” as the Adani mine edges closer to approval.

Al Gore speaking at the Climate Reality Leadership Corps training at the Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre in South Brisbane. Pic Mark Cranitch.

During a two-hour power point presentation, Mr Gore spoke about India’s “new electricity generated capacity”, stating 65 per cent of which came from solar and wind in 2018.
He also said 225GW of solar was under construction in India.

“They’re not gonna continue with coal,” he said.
“You wanna sell coal to India, good luck.”

“Financial institutions, a lot of them have announced they’re not going finance this anymore,” Mr Gore said.
“That’s one of the reasons why not a single global financial institution after doing the financial analysis would put any money up for the Adani mine.

“Not a single one of them.
“That’s why it looks like none of the insurance companies will do it either.

“But again, it’s not for me to get into this.
“In the US, we’ve been down this road and may I just say this is nuts.”

#####

What's nuts is thinking that India can be powered without coal-fired power stations, now.
Or that Australia can be powered by renewables, now.

Aussie does want to sell coal to India...and Mr Adani wants to buy it.

What Al doesn't understand is..."Everything is political".

The federal Labor party leftist Opposition, who thought it was going to romp to power at the recent federal election, a la HRC in 2016...got its butt kicked in Qld state.
Qld Premier, the lovely Leftist Labor Anastasia, was against "Adani" [coal mine] before the election...but after having seen what the voters in Qld thought of 'climate change' and its devotees in the federal election, and she facing a state election next year...rushed to approve the mine.
'Adani'... approved.
On my tv were shown people in poor parts of India switching on tv sets etc, having electricity for the first time...thanks to coal.

Anyway, if the mine doesn't work out...Aussie will use the coal for himself [who cares about the gender war].
Appears federal govt will be building one or two coal-fired power stations in Australia...it's what Conservative voters want.

« Last Edit: June 23, 2019, 02:42:07 AM by arafura »

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15589 on: June 23, 2019, 05:13:53 AM »

Enjoy eating all that delicious coal.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

barton

« Reply #15590 on: June 23, 2019, 09:37:11 AM »

Bituminous me!

Bambi, renewables are much cheaper to build and bring online than coal plants.   Wind, in particular, requires relatively low capital outlay.   A commercial turbine costs a million to put up.  A coal plant runs around 1.5 to 2 billion.   Per megawatt, new coal plants are running at 3 -5 times the cost of wind.  That says "dying industry" pretty definitively.

HamiltonIII

• View Profile
« Reply #15591 on: June 23, 2019, 10:01:12 AM »

You should get out more. Talk to real people, instead of the fellow ivory tower cellmates. Nobody wants Ms. Warren, but the left. The left doesn't win. The center wins.. The center holds.. you have to think about the whole country, Joshie, not just the folks down at the village Green.

Piggy, your opinions of my life continue to be of zero merit.

Your logic about Biden is similarly askew.

And your discussion of Warren is duly noted, but totally moot to what I am saying about Biden - raised presumably because you had nothing to say about Biden at all, let alone in regard to what I wrote.

In other words, you are full of crap and should go buy a clue.

You left out, "nanny, nanny, poo-poo", you friggin' wimp.

HamiltonIII

• View Profile
« Reply #15592 on: June 23, 2019, 10:05:43 AM »

I

Poor 'Bama can't handle it,
 when the obvious fault in his stars is exposed.

Save your fuck yous for your commute, dipshit.

So Utley fell off the wagon... again.

No one does victimhood better than white people. That’s what Trump ran on.

Conservative historian John Lukacs makes clear how different the nationalist formula is from patriotism properly so called: it rests not on a sense of pride in place or background but in an intense sense of victimization.
The cry of the genuine patriot is “Leave us alone to be the people we have always been.”The populist nationalist cries, “We have been cheated of our birthright, and the Leader will give it back.”

Lukacs —- 2005 “Democracy And Populism: Fear and Hatred”

Have a seat fool. Oh, I don’t commute unless you consider going upstairs after the first coffee a commute.

https://www.newyorker.com/news/daily-comment/trump-and-obama-a-night-to-remember

Unable to defend his pov, Larry declares victory and then he,  pivots to a different topic.

This is his MO. Same as Trump's.

You don't commute because you're unemployable, given "the incident".

I understand, Larry.

Bottom line, give us a case for reparations and his that moves the country forward.

Or... STFU.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2019, 12:00:12 PM by HamiltonIII »

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15593 on: June 23, 2019, 10:16:34 AM »

It seems the racist troll is bored with the baseball forum.
The pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle; the chalice with the palace has the brew that is true!

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #15594 on: June 23, 2019, 10:33:48 AM »

There 's a certain irony in calling somebody a wimp and using "friggin'" as an adjective.
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

barton

« Reply #15595 on: June 23, 2019, 10:38:08 AM »

There 's a certain irony in calling somebody a wimp and using "friggin'" as an adjective.

X>)

yes

HamiltonIII

• View Profile
« Reply #15596 on: June 23, 2019, 11:58:59 AM »

Speaking of wimps. The technologically challenged dumbfuck whose default setting is to label anyone he disagrees with a racist has checked in from his desert hole..
« Last Edit: June 23, 2019, 12:23:20 PM by HamiltonIII »

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #15597 on: June 23, 2019, 12:59:09 PM »

Utley, are you crazy? You want me to make a case for reparations to YOU or shut the fuck up?

This coming  from the fool who swears the 6/2/1865 “Battle of Memphis” was more pivotal than than the D-Day Normandy Invasion.

Have all the seats you racist asshole.

And don’t go hinting about some “incident” that makes me “unemployable.”

You got something to say? Take your shot.

Lyndon Johnson

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15598 on: June 23, 2019, 01:02:13 PM »

Speaking of wimps. The technologically challenged dumbfuck whose default setting is to label anyone he disagrees with a racist has checked in from his desert hole..
No, I label YOU a racist because I trust in empiricism.
The pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle; the chalice with the palace has the brew that is true!

HamiltonIII

• View Profile
« Reply #15599 on: June 23, 2019, 01:24:58 PM »

Utley, are you crazy? You want me to make a case for reparations to YOU or shut the fuck up?

This coming  from the fool who swears the 6/2/1865 “Battle of Memphis” was more pivotal than than the D-Day Normandy Invasion.

Have all the seats you racist asshole.

And don’t go hinting about some “incident” that makes me “unemployable.”

You got something to say? Take your shot.

I get you don't want to talk about it. There's no D-Day w/o the Battle of Memphis victory.

The racist here is you.

Same MO as Trump.
We proved that when you complained about all the white folks moving into your neighborhood

You can't make a case, which is why you'd rather attack and label instead of meet the challenge.
Pages: 1 ... 1038 1039 [1040] 1041 1042 ... 4288