Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1314 1315 [1316] 1317 1318 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1876487 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #19725 on: August 30, 2019, 03:19:58 PM »

I’m not sure what the word is for the opposite of a surge is, but that’s what the republicans seem to be doing.

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5d68ab82e4b0488c0d122731

Don Jr. rallies an empty stadium. Sad.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #19726 on: August 30, 2019, 03:39:46 PM »

They reviewed my post, and I have been forgiven, they said everything is okay.

------

Your comment is back on Facebook

Today

We're sorry we got this wrong. We reviewed your comment again and it does follow our Community Standards.
We appreciate you taking the time to request a review. Your feedback helps us do better.

-------------

I am happy. I do not want it to be on my record that I am posting hate speech.

Salute,

Tony V.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #19727 on: August 30, 2019, 05:02:38 PM »

I’m not sure what the word is for the opposite of a surge is, but that’s what the republicans seem to be doing.

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5d68ab82e4b0488c0d122731

Don Jr. rallies an empty stadium. Sad.

To quote that sage old Knick, Micheal Ray Richardson, “The ship be sinking.”

The question is will Trump and the GOP try and scuttle our representative government for authoritarian rule and could they be stopped if they tried?

They’re testing us and we’re failing miserably. A little more than half of the country does not want Trump impeached and removed from office. The fact we’re talking about how the economy will affect his chances of re-election while he and the GOP donor class are in the process of wrecking the nation is a statement on just what the average American will accept if they don’t feel it in their wallet.

“Separating families st the border for no good reason?”

Shrug.

“Holding babies in cages.”

Their parents shouldn’t have put them in such danger to bring them here.

“They’re fleeing privation and death. Stay and die, or run for a shot at the life we preach to the whole world? I mean come on! The Statue of Liberty?”

They’re welcome to leave and come back legally! Our folks did it the right way!
We have plenty of people on this country who are citizens who need help. Help your own first!

“They’re deporting people who are receiving medical treatment they can’t get in their home country and some of them are providing vital research and...”

My neighbor’s kid had healthcare and it didn’t begin to cover...

“We’re all going to burn in Hell.”

Climate change is a hoax!

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #19728 on: August 30, 2019, 05:24:02 PM »

Trump tweets out sensitive probably classified information gathered by our intelligence to the world:

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/08/30/trump-says-us-wasnt-involved-in-apparent-launch-pad-explosion-in-iran.html?__source=twitter|main

But lets talk about Hillary's emails.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #19729 on: August 30, 2019, 05:58:08 PM »

His newly fired gate keeper should make a fun congressional witness.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #19730 on: August 30, 2019, 06:05:39 PM »

Might want to let that go.
Hillary has. 
Jim Comey, not so much.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2019, 06:22:51 PM by REDSTATEWARD »

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #19731 on: August 30, 2019, 06:08:49 PM »

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #19732 on: August 30, 2019, 06:26:35 PM »

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #19733 on: August 30, 2019, 06:35:18 PM »

Might want to let that go.
Hillary has. 
Jim Comey, not so much.

But let’s talk about Trumps tweets... because,

https://news.sky.com/story/twitter-founder-jack-dorsey-has-account-hacked-as-racist-tweets-are-posted-11798282
What was that a Trump tweet?

It’s a Red post with intermittent ellipsises of idiosyncratic length.

How the republicans are managing their last gasp at relevancy, cheap hoodlum shit bags that they all are,

http://www.salon.com/2019/08/30/probe-of-missing-georgia-votes-finds-extreme-irregularities-in-black-districts-and/

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile

Richard P. Feynman

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #19735 on: August 30, 2019, 08:49:29 PM »

Seriously WTF is wrong with these people?

Calling them short-sighted souless evil motherfuckers doesn't quite capture how short-sighted these souless evil motherfuckers are....

Ignorant SSSEMFers.  Methane, depending on concentration and ambient conditions has 20-80 times the potency of CO2 as a GHG.   Sadly, this is also a compelling reason to grow millet instead of rice (paddies produce mucho methane) and avoid beef, also things the human race seems not ready to do. 
That’s good news.
The US could be taking a leadership role in all this, but we have an administration that has enshrined invincible ignorance.
You miss the reason for the Trump decision.
The Obama EPA in 2016 laid out new regulations requiring oil and natural gas operators to limit methane emissions from wells, pipelines and storage facilities.
But it did so against the law. 
Section 111 of the Clean Air Act directs the EPA to list stationary sources that contribute significantly to “air pollution which may result asonably be anticipated to endanger public health or welfare.” Yet the Obama EPA never determined if methane from gas or oil production endangered public health, let alone if pipelines or storage were major pollution sources.

The Trump EPA is proposing to rescind the Obama methane rule while retaining emissions limits for ozone-forming volatile organic compounds that can escape from wells with methane. The EPA estimates its revisions will save energy companies between $97 million and $123 million from 2019 through 2025. For $50 billion in combined earnings that Exxon Mobil , Royal Dutch Shell and BP reported last year that is pocket change. But the deregulation will help small producers struggling amid low oil and natural gas prices.

At no expense to the environment.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #19736 on: August 30, 2019, 09:09:24 PM »

Facebook just said that I posted "hate speech."

The Facebook page for UNICEF showed a video of Muslim refugees in a horrible crowded refugee camp in Greece, and here is my reply...

"Greece is small, and Greece is already full of Greeks. Send the migrants somewhere else. Send the Muslim migrants to Dubai, and to Abu Dhabi.

Salute,

Tony V."

In my mind that is not hate speech, and I asked them to review it.

Salute,

Tony V.

Gotta be careful with the "M" word, Tony.

"WHCM" though is fine, you could say anything you like about them and it'd be sweet.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #19737 on: August 30, 2019, 09:10:26 PM »

Facebook just said that I posted "hate speech."

The Facebook page for UNICEF showed a video of Muslim refugees in a horrible crowded refugee camp in Greece, and here is my reply...

"Greece is small, and Greece is already full of Greeks. Send the migrants somewhere else. Send the Muslim migrants to Dubai, and to Abu Dhabi.

Salute,

Tony V."

In my mind that is not hate speech, and I asked them to review it.

Salute,

Tony V.

Were you called "xenophobic", "racist", "intolerant", "bigoted", as well?
« Last Edit: August 30, 2019, 09:16:58 PM by bambu. »

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #19738 on: August 30, 2019, 09:30:38 PM »

When I was homeless in Hollywood, I used to drop headshots and resumes in the mail box everyday, praying that I would get an acting job so that I could get an apartment and get myself off of the streets, but I never got hired.

I got a job working as a valet / doorman for Suzanne Pleshette, but I did not earn enough money to rent an apartment, so I worked, but I still had to live in my pick-up truck, and every couple of nights I would rent a motel room so that I could shower and sleep in a bed.

Hollywood needs to have hostels like in Rome, where you can take a hot shower and sleep in a bed, for $15.00 per night.

Salute,

Tony V.

Tony,

If you're looking for love in LA/Hollywood, why not stand on median strips on busy roads with a sign "Nice man looking for love and a good home", with your phone number.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #19739 on: August 30, 2019, 10:05:52 PM »

One year I spent Christmas Day with Roy Rogers and Dale Evans, my brother married their Granddaughter, and Roy told me that I had to go through the hard times, so that I would really appreciate the good times. And of course along with being grateful for whatever blessings that I have, I also need to remember to help other people.

There were times when I lived in a Malibu beach house, and there were times when I was homeless.

Here is the house where I lived in Malibu... It is a nice house, and I loved living there. And the best part was I lived with a loving family, and they treated me like part of the family. I rented a room from the ex-wife of Sammy Hagar's family doctor, and I lived with her and her two daughters, and a lady who was the daughter of a general in China, and there was another guy there from China who makes artificial knees, and that kind of stuff. And we had a maid from El Salvador, and she was part of our family too. We also had a huge dance room, and all of the ladies in our neighborhood came to our house to do Yoga with the lady who owned the house.   

http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/6315-Gayton-Pl_Malibu_CA_90265_M15737-07387

And I would love to have love, I need to meet a good woman who will be my teammate. Be a boss, date a boss, and build an empire.

Also of note, when I was homeless, Suzanne Pleshette hired me, so I at least could afford to buy food.

Later I met a woman from the Philippines who has been helping the homeless people in California for 40 years, and she is a wealthy business woman, and she was friends with Suzanne Pleshette. We were also friends with a lady who was a cousin of Gloria Arroyo, who was the President of the Philippines. My friend owned a night club in Los Angeles named "Manila Gardens." And she owned other businesses as well, and she invested in real estate. Right now she has 100 homeless people living in her houses, and she cooks for them, and she takes care of them. But, she is getting old, people are getting old, and people are dying. The young people need to step in and they need to start helping the homeless like some of my friends have done and are doing.

And everyday that I have my own apartment then I am grateful. If I have food and shelter then I am grateful.

I pray that I might have a good future, and meet a good woman who is smart, to be my teammate.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: August 30, 2019, 10:31:14 PM by FlyingVProd »
Pages: 1 ... 1314 1315 [1316] 1317 1318 ... 4288