Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1084 1085 [1086] 1087 1088 ... 2924

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 750896 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #16276 on: September 14, 2021, 06:41:09 PM »

Josh always sees the manure in the haystack, never the pony.
Why is your pony shitting in the haystack?
A parrot bit me.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16277 on: September 14, 2021, 06:42:52 PM »

The Atlantic shines new light on Covid hospitalizations
Could be that a sizable number were admitted for other reasons.

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2021/09/covid-hospitalization-numbers-can-be-misleading/620062/

680,000 dead....

Nuff said

You're not brilliant, Larry.  It's a deadly fucking virus.

You disgrace the dead by citing the count.

It is a deadly fucking virus the federal government allowed to run unchecked. Your party fucked up and would not step up at any opportunity.

Warp Speed was a Great SUCCESS yet you motherfuckers are fighting getting vaccinated..

Goddamn death cult overseeing a slow motion Jonestown.

Who do you blame HIV on?

https://www.kff.org/hivaids/fact-sheet/the-hivaids-epidemic-in-the-united-states-the-basics/

a) slow flow of information
b) disregard for lives of gay people
c) failures of governments to act
d) limitations of science
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16278 on: September 14, 2021, 06:59:05 PM »

In New Zealand:
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #16279 on: September 14, 2021, 07:01:58 PM »

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2021/09/covid-hospitalization-numbers-can-be-misleading/620062/

680,000 dead....

Nuff said

It is a deadly fucking virus the federal government allowed to run unchecked. Your party fucked up and would not step up at any opportunity.

Warp Speed was a Great SUCCESS yet you motherfuckers are fighting getting vaccinated..

Who do you blame HIV on?

https://www.kff.org/hivaids/fact-sheet/the-hivaids-epidemic-in-the-united-states-the-basics/

shhh.....
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #16280 on: September 14, 2021, 07:02:40 PM »

I am SHOCKED, I tell you - that so many Republicans oppose an unconstitutional vaccine mandate.  Shocked.

Good thing, then,  that vaccine mandates are not unconstitutional.  And pretty much like literally hundreds of other public health measures throughout our nation's history.
The vaccine mandate proposed by Biden is unconstitutional.

It's not.   Which is why you never actually cite the constitutional basis, but just keep making the same unsupported assertion.
I already have. We covered this when the issue first came up in 2020.
The Federal Government cannot not impose mandates on the states.
New York v. United States (1992) would be a good precedent to learn.
It sure would! You should learn it. What mandate is Biden opposing on the states that you think NY v. US impacts? Because the answer is "none" since Biden is not mandating or incentives legislation by the states.
The mandate being worked on by OSHA.
Biden is trying to work around the Constitution.
Not even in the ball park for the NY v US case. You could drop a nuclear bomb on the NY case and OSHA regulating work place health and safety would not even get radiation burns. The right wing web site you are pulling the argument from is playing you for a gullible ass.
the Ball Park is the Constitution.
NY vs. US established Congress is limited by the Constitution in laws dealing with state mandates.
The President  gets his power from Congress and the Constitution. Neither of which grant him the power to establish state Mandates.
Ergo, as the cited case affirms, the Federal Government has no power to establish state mandates.
The case is about mandating official state actions. What official state action does the vaccine mandate require?

There no Mandate since Biden and his gang  cannot come up with one to pass Constitutional muster.
But, as the Constitution directs and has been endorsed by SCOTUS the Federal government cannot directly compel the States to pass certain laws or act in accord with the Federal government
In Murphy v. NCAA,Justice Alito, writing for the majority,explained  that the Federal government could neither compel a State to enact legislation or forbid it.
Well, you finally at least read the syllabus for the case. Congratulations. What official state action is the vaccine mandate requiring? The answer, to save you time, is none.
None yet.
If there is one it will be unconstitutional.
Yes, and if he attempts to dissolve Congress that will also be unconstitutional. But since he has not indicated he intends to do anything of the sort - either your hypothetical or mine - what in the Holy Name of God are you blathering about?
That any mandate, of a state or a private business by the Federal Government, is unconstitutional.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16282 on: September 14, 2021, 07:25:17 PM »

680,000 dead....

Nuff said

Who do you blame HIV on?

shhh.....

On whom do you blame HIV?

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #16283 on: September 14, 2021, 07:39:27 PM »

I am SHOCKED, I tell you - that so many Republicans oppose an unconstitutional vaccine mandate.  Shocked.

Good thing, then,  that vaccine mandates are not unconstitutional.  And pretty much like literally hundreds of other public health measures throughout our nation's history.

It's not.   Which is why you never actually cite the constitutional basis, but just keep making the same unsupported assertion.
It sure would! You should learn it. What mandate is Biden opposing on the states that you think NY v. US impacts? Because the answer is "none" since Biden is not mandating or incentives legislation by the states.
Not even in the ball park for the NY v US case. You could drop a nuclear bomb on the NY case and OSHA regulating work place health and safety would not even get radiation burns. The right wing web site you are pulling the argument from is playing you for a gullible ass.
NY vs. US established Congress is limited by the Constitution in laws dealing with state mandates.
The President  gets his power from Congress and the Constitution. Neither of which grant him the power to establish state Mandates.
Ergo, as the cited case affirms, the Federal Government has no power to establish state mandates.
The case is about mandating official state actions. What official state action does the vaccine mandate require?

There no Mandate since Biden and his gang  cannot come up with one to pass Constitutional muster.
But, as the Constitution directs and has been endorsed by SCOTUS the Federal government cannot directly compel the States to pass certain laws or act in accord with the Federal government
In Murphy v. NCAA,Justice Alito, writing for the majority,explained  that the Federal government could neither compel a State to enact legislation or forbid it.
Well, you finally at least read the syllabus for the case. Congratulations. What official state action is the vaccine mandate requiring? The answer, to save you time, is none.
None yet.
Yes, and if he attempts to dissolve Congress that will also be unconstitutional. But since he has not indicated he intends to do anything of the sort - either your hypothetical or mine - what in the Holy Name of God are you blathering about?
That any mandate, of a state or a private business by the Federal Government, is unconstitutional.
So, OSHA cannot mandate goggles or other protective equipment?
A parrot bit me.

Oilcan

• View Profile
« Reply #16284 on: September 14, 2021, 07:40:11 PM »

When did you pass a bar exam, Red?  Your use of "ergo" turns me on.

Cogito ergo yum!
Im on the pavement

Thinking about the government

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #16285 on: September 14, 2021, 07:41:26 PM »

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #16286 on: September 14, 2021, 07:42:53 PM »

None yet.
For what?

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #16287 on: September 14, 2021, 07:46:27 PM »

None yet.
For what?
And with that, Red raises the white flag.
A parrot bit me.

Oilcan

• View Profile
« Reply #16288 on: September 14, 2021, 07:47:57 PM »

However, The Executive Branch could cite Section 361 of the Public Health Service Act, which allows DHHS or the CDC to make necessary measures
Im on the pavement

Oilcan

• View Profile
« Reply #16289 on: September 14, 2021, 07:48:49 PM »

I hate the glitch.   Chops off posts constantly. 
Im on the pavement

Pages: 1 ... 1084 1085 [1086] 1087 1088 ... 2924