Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1815 1816 [1817] 1818 1819 ... 2923

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 748554 times)

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #27240 on: May 22, 2022, 03:43:49 PM »

Here in the USA the people spent over 200 years trying to create a culture where all people are created equal with the same rights.

And we do not need any walls.

Also of note, is that Mexico and Latin America is all Christian because the Vatican took the time and did the work and sent the priests to convert all of the people of Latin America to Christianity.

We have been working for hundreds of years to have a nice peaceful place here in the Western Hemisphere. Instead of trying to destroy what people took hundreds of years to help to happen, then people need to enjoy it. Instead of fighting for the right to kill babies then maybe instead they should be happy to have a society that obeys the Ten Commandments and be happy to have a Christian society that values the lives of babies. Be grateful to have a nice, civilized Western Hemisphere instead of trying to defile God loving people.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: May 22, 2022, 03:57:36 PM by FlyingVProd »

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #27241 on: May 22, 2022, 04:21:43 PM »

For women who get pregnant who do not want to keep the baby, they can go to a Nunnery and they can take a vacation with the Nuns and they can have their baby and they can put the baby up for adoption and they can go about life like nothing happened. And there are people who will love and take care of the children when they are born.

Salute,

Tony V.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #27242 on: May 22, 2022, 04:36:05 PM »

Currently, and has been the case for the last few hundred years I suppose, "women who get pregnant who do not want to keep the baby, [] can go to a Nunnery and they can take a vacation with the Nuns and they can have their baby and they can put the baby up for adoption and they can go about life like nothing happened. And there are people who will love and take care of the children when they are born."

That analysis doesn't get us anywhere.  The question remains: do you believe the government has the authority to require women to give birth?
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #27243 on: May 22, 2022, 04:46:26 PM »

My area of expertise is wanting to help the orphans after they are born. And the government can help on that. All of the foster children should receive a free college education, etc. We need to help the children after they are born. I support life, and I support helping the children after they are born.

I will not give money to pay for an abortion, but I will be happy to pay to send the foster youth to college.

Salute,

Tony V.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #27244 on: May 22, 2022, 04:51:49 PM »

GOP directs culture war fury toward green investing trend

https://apnews.com/article/technology-cultures-climate-and-environment-government-politics-37bd9e4894541275982a7ff99089cc7e
Just what we do not need, ESG, a form of virtue signaling telling all of us how to invest our money.

Holly Martins

« Reply #27245 on: May 22, 2022, 04:56:03 PM »

My area of expertise is wanting to help the orphans after they are born. And the government can help on that. All of the foster children should receive a free college education, etc. We need to help the children after they are born. I support life, and I support helping the children after they are born.

I will not give money to pay for an abortion, but I will be happy to pay to send the foster youth to college.

Salute,

Tony V.

The question remains: do you believe the government has the authority to require women to give birth?

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27246 on: May 22, 2022, 05:00:51 PM »

Here in the USA the people spent over 200 years trying to create a culture where all people are created equal with the same rights.

And we do not need any walls.

Also of note, is that Mexico and Latin America is all Christian because the Vatican took the time and did the work and sent the priests to convert all of the people of Latin America to Christianity.

Your re-creation of the colonization of Latin America is straight out of a 1950s textbook.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27247 on: May 22, 2022, 05:10:18 PM »

For women who get pregnant who do not want to keep the baby, they can go to a Nunnery and they can take a vacation with the Nuns and they can have their baby and they can put the baby up for adoption and they can go about life like nothing happened. And there are people who will love and take care of the children when they are born.

If they are the right color, are born healthy, have no defects, and live in the right part of the country.

Who is paying for the pre-natal care, Tony? Who is addressing the highest maternal death rate in the developed world?

We have had more than 100,000 children awaiting adoption every year for at least a decade.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #27248 on: May 22, 2022, 05:15:33 PM »

On the issue of solving the problems in order to help the orphans, those are problems that I love to help solve.

We need to bring our people together on the issue of helping the orphans, and on the issues that we agree on.

Instead of dividing our nation and bringing our people to their knees over our differences and bringing our nation to a stand-still over our differences, then we instead need to come together on what we agree on and make progress for the children on the issues that we agree on.

Salute,

Tony V.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #27249 on: May 22, 2022, 05:28:40 PM »

Salute,

Tony V.

The question remains: do you believe the government has the authority to require women to give birth?
24 countries think so.
Nearly all the rest have a more sane approach of allowing terminations of pregnancy before viability of the fetus.
(And also take into account the health dangers a pregnancy presents to the mother)
The science of viability has not reached a consensus,  6 weeks, 12 weeks, maybe 15?
In the USA 94 per cent of abortions are before 15 weeks.
That is why posing the question of yes or no cannot be left to the courts.
Courts are not legislatures and judges only have two options in cases.  Agree with the law or dissent.
Legislatures investigate, debate, invite expert advice, compromise, and vote.
Legislatures are the voice of the people.
Courts are not.
The USGovernment authority is vested in Congress to enact laws.
The executive branch enforces those laws.
SCOTUS has neither of those powers
« Last Edit: May 22, 2022, 05:31:50 PM by Espnthree »

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #27250 on: May 22, 2022, 05:54:05 PM »

When I went to Mexico as a teen with Youth For Christ to help the orphans and the people living in a garbage dump, we would never have considered building a wall, for us we wanted to go in and help the poor people. We need to work together with Mexico to improve the lives of people in both countries, and building a wall should not even be considered.

And all of my favorite people have been people who were on a mission to help other people.

I want to use my life to help other people, and to try to make the world a better place for the people here. I would never support building walls here.

We went into Mexico and we helped the orphans, and we helped to make the world a better place for some poor kids. That is what life is all about, those are the good times when you can help poor children.

Trump is a sick man who would grab a poor woman by the pussy and build walls. I do not support Trump. Jeb Bush met his wife while helping to build an orphanage in Mexico, I like Jeb Bush a lot, and George W. Bush is cool. Trump is a sick man, I do not support Trump.

Salute,

Tony V.

BTDT

• View Profile
« Reply #27251 on: May 22, 2022, 05:55:24 PM »

Salute,

Tony V.

The young ladies sent to the Magdalene Sisters Asylum -- an institution for fallen women, run by nuns --  would beg to differ with you about the vacation aspect of the experience.   A compelling watch, wherever you fall on the religious spectrum. 

The Magdalene Sisters
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0318411/

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #27252 on: May 22, 2022, 06:30:37 PM »

The economy is still hard, and it is all about what I see here with my neighbors...

There is an apartment here in my complex with two young women who are roommates, and one of the women has not had a job for a whole year and her roommate is upset because she has been paying all of the bills for the past year. It is so sad. It is not the poor lady's fault that she cannot find a job, it is hard to get a good job here. We need to have more opportunities with Disney here. I feel so sorry for my neighbors, and I have been sending emails and messages trying to get Disney to hire more people from here in our community, and for the local colleges to train people for jobs at Disney.

And Anaheim needs to have a movie studio, and other jobs. We have the Dodge film school, we need to have film jobs here in Anaheim.

It is so sad watching people suffer, Hollywood can be a hard place and so can Anaheim. We need more job creation for the locals here.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #27253 on: May 22, 2022, 06:58:40 PM »

That was one thing about Hugh Hefner, he made some poor desperate women wealthy, they could go to Hef when they needed money and they could pose for Hef and make some money. Hef created a lot of stars and he helped a lot of poor women to make money and to get a break. And then guys like Aaron Spelling hired a lot of Playboy Playmates, etc. Hef would give them a break, and then guys like Spelling would keep the people working and making money.

Salute,

Tony V.

Holly Martins

« Reply #27254 on: May 22, 2022, 07:14:28 PM »

Salute,

Tony V.

The young ladies sent to the Magdalene Sisters Asylum -- an institution for fallen women, run by nuns --  would beg to differ with you about the vacation aspect of the experience.   A compelling watch, wherever you fall on the religious spectrum. 

The Magdalene Sisters
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0318411/

I love sock puppets!
Pages: 1 ... 1815 1816 [1817] 1818 1819 ... 2923