Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3986 3987 [3988] 3989 3990 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1876152 times)

bambu.

• View Profile
Re: Defund the Military
« Reply #59805 on: December 11, 2020, 05:38:52 AM »

“This NDAA will unlock more than $740 billion for the training, tools and cutting-edge equipment that our service members and civilian employees need to defend American lives and American interests,″ McConnell said

Waste of 3/4 of a Trillion dollars.

Money well spent.
Defending American lives and American interests must be the federal govt's no 1 priority.
You should see all the fancy new arms the others have.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2020, 05:41:19 AM by bambu. »

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #59806 on: December 11, 2020, 05:59:30 AM »

http://www.salon.com/2020/12/11/loeffler-sides-with-trump-against-big-tech--after-building-a-massive-fortune-in-the-industry/

KKKelly Loeffler, a dirty bird of no fixed principles.

Even the best PR firms money can buy couldn’t put lipstick on her.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59807 on: December 11, 2020, 07:06:19 AM »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/09/us/connecticut-high-schools-black-latino-studies-trnd/index.html

Connecticut is the first state to require high schools to offer Black and Hispanic studies.

Great. They can study how the Spain and Portugal built the African slave trade, and forced religion, language, and culture on indigenous people whom they also enslaved; well, the indigenous people who survived the diseases that they brought with them.

Should go well.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #59808 on: December 11, 2020, 07:07:06 AM »

During a Hanukkah party at the White House Wednesday night, Trump told guests that with the help of "certain very important people -- if they have wisdom and if they have courage -- we're going to win this election." The crowd chanted "four more years."

While most Jews were thinking, "8 more nights" is too fucking long for this madman dictator to contaminate this country with his fascist dreams of unfettered rule.

Good one.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #59809 on: December 11, 2020, 07:08:17 AM »

Submitted without comment other than one would think Trump could find better attorneys. "Ms. Powell" is no good.

Powell! Right in the kisser.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #59810 on: December 11, 2020, 07:19:16 AM »

https://www.stltoday.com/opinion/editorial/editorial-someone-is-going-to-get-killed-if-republicans-dont-tone-down-their-incitement/article_e48582ff-f2d7-5652-8d09-d63bd2b59334.html

This insanity really does have to stop. Cole County Assessor Christopher Estes reflects the new attitude among Republican supporters of President Donald Trump that no inflammatory language or incitement to violence is out of bounds when it comes to advancing the myth that the election was stolen from Trump. Public officials like Estes are stifling their better judgment while publicly calling for treason trials and even the execution of anyone who dares to speak the truth that Trump lost to Joe Biden, now the president-elect, in a fair-and-square election.

Estes last week skated on the edge of issuing a thinly veiled death threat in response to a Georgia state senator’s Facebook remark debunking claims of election fraud: “What you have done is to enable a coup. Illegally removing a legally elected President. Pretty sure that is called treason. Punishable by death,” Estes posted.

Speaking to The New York Times Wednesday, Pennsylvania state Senate Majority Leader Kim Ward was blunt about the pressures she and other Republican leaders are facing. A letter circulated among Republicans in the General Assembly urging the state’s congressional delegation to reject Pennsylvania’s Electoral College votes for Biden. Ward said she was pressured to sign, adding, “If I would say to you, ‘I don’t want to do it,’ I’d get my house bombed tonight.” She didn’t appear to be joking.

Courage doesn't exist in the GOP.

It’s no longer clear whether Trump’s base is lashing out on its own, or whether the statements by Trump, Missouri Sen. Josh Hawley, Texas Sen. Ted Cruz, Estes and a vast army of other GOP officials are what’s inciting Trump supporters to take vigilante action. What is certain is that the rhetoric is out of control. These are, of course, representatives of the party that claims to support a “pro-life” agenda — even while their words are moving ever closer to driving families from their homes and getting someone killed.

"Pro-life", my ass.

https://www.stltoday.com/opinion/editorial/editorial-someone-is-going-to-get-killed-if-republicans-dont-tone-down-their-incitement/article_e48582ff-f2d7-5652-8d09-d63bd2b59334.html

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #59811 on: December 11, 2020, 07:20:17 AM »

This will kill Trump: Time magazine names President-elect Joe Biden, Vice President-elect Kamala Harris as Person of the Year

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2020/12/10/joe-biden-kamala-harris-time-magazine-person-year/3890559001/

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #59812 on: December 11, 2020, 10:04:24 AM »

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2020/12/11/denver-riggleman-republican-party-newday-vpx.cnn

A GOP congressman decries misinformation, conspiracy theories, racism, antisemitism, and the tons of bullshit coming out of his party.

Of course, he's retiring.. why else would he dare to say such things?!
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #59813 on: December 11, 2020, 10:14:18 AM »

From the amicus brief by Gov. Bullock

Texas chose not to include the State of Montana,
where President Trump and other Republicans were
successful in a mail ballot election conducted to reduce
the impact of COVID—underscoring, of course, that this
action is less about election integrity than it is about
attempting to overturn the will of the electorate. But if
Texas is successful in its suit, it would destabilize the
results of elections in Montana and any other state that
took valid state-law actions to minimize the impact of the
virus on voting, including states that delivered victories
to Republican candidates using mail ballots.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #59814 on: December 11, 2020, 10:23:58 AM »

barton

Re: anyone for Tennyson?
« Reply #59815 on: December 11, 2020, 10:28:18 AM »

Below the thunders of the upper deep ;
Far, far beneath in the abysmal sea,
His ancient, dreamless, uninvaded sleep
The Kraken sleepeth : faintest sunlights flee
About his shadowy sides : above him swell
Huge sponges of millennial growth and height;
And far away into the sickly light,
From many a wondrous grot and secret cell
Unnumber’d and enormous polypi
Winnow with giant arms the slumbering green.
There hath he lain for ages and will lie
Battening upon huge seaworms in his sleep,
Until the latter fire shall heat the deep ;
Then once by man and angels to be seen,
In roaring he shall rise and on the surface die.   

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #59816 on: December 11, 2020, 10:37:11 AM »

So lucky he’s white.

http://youtu.be/v_zi9ZqP0CE

Blue line?

Hypocrites as always.

TRUTH
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #59817 on: December 11, 2020, 10:42:16 AM »

Are you guys in the Paris accord?

I saw Fellini's Amaracord a long long time ago-strange movie.

Saw it years ago.

Fellini had an interestingly fantastical childhood.

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #59818 on: December 11, 2020, 10:43:25 AM »

Are you guys in the Paris accord?

I saw Fellini's Amaracord a long long time ago-strange movie.

Not one I’ve come across. Togas? Vespas? Both?

Fascists and ho’s.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #59819 on: December 11, 2020, 10:53:10 AM »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/09/us/connecticut-high-schools-black-latino-studies-trnd/index.html

Connecticut is the first state to require high schools to offer Black and Hispanic studies.

Great. They can study how the Spain and Portugal built the African slave trade, and forced religion, language, and culture on indigenous people whom they also enslaved; well, the indigenous people who survived the diseases that they brought with them.

Should go well.

Why wouldn’t it?

Lyndon Johnson
Pages: 1 ... 3986 3987 [3988] 3989 3990 ... 4288