Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2175 2176 [2177] 2178 2179 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 2011311 times)

oilcan

Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #32640 on: April 27, 2020, 08:48:27 PM »

Nobel prize-winning immunologist accidentally asks Twitter when he'll be able to get a drink

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/27/australian-nobel-prize-winning-immunologist-accidentally-twitter-drink-dan-murphys

What the Brits call an "Ed Balls moment. "

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #32641 on: April 27, 2020, 08:57:01 PM »

Patriotic isnt the equivalent of patriot

I agree

For once you’re right, broken clock and all that.

You’re no patriot.

Just an American.

Are you deaf?

oilcan

« Reply #32642 on: April 27, 2020, 08:57:42 PM »

The ability of common sense to misconstrue nature and causality is what led Francis Bacon et al to devise the methods of modern science.   I could write a very long list of common sense beliefs that would include phlogiston, spontaneous generation, the Ptolemaic system (geocentric), Lamarckian heritability,  flat Earth, mercury as safe medicine,  and the superiority of the blue-eyed.   I promised I wouldn't respond directly to the troll a few days ago,  but wow it's impressive how it got everyone explaining the placebo effect all over again for the umpteenth time.
By the way, perhaps my favorite fact in all the world is this: Francis Bacon died of pneumonia supposedly contracted from experimenting with ice and snow as a means of preserving meat, making him both Empiricism's founder and its first victim.

I realize that may not be how one contracts pneumonia. I do not care any more than I care how his mother's maiden name was actually pronounced. She will always be Anne Cooke Bacon to me.

He.was also at one time MP from Middlesex. I will leave that joke to others.

If Cooke was pronounced differently in Elizabethan times,  didn't it still mean the same thing?   That is to say,  a surname denoting the avocation of cookery.   So Cooke Bacon would have had the same jokes then, wouldn't it?   

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #32643 on: April 27, 2020, 08:58:28 PM »

When did I imply here that I was any more - any better than any of you?

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #32644 on: April 27, 2020, 08:59:35 PM »

CAN

You got screwed in '86.

oilcan

« Reply #32645 on: April 27, 2020, 09:00:34 PM »

Kid,  you are amazingly omnipresent.  I get this image of Jesse Eisenberg in that movie where he is at the computer and keeps hitting refresh every five seconds. 

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #32646 on: April 27, 2020, 09:02:49 PM »

Winning some bucks at poker as well.

The multi-task.....

Maybe if I have time I will wail about my ancestors being wronged - then I can be a patriot like Larry.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32647 on: April 27, 2020, 09:10:06 PM »

The greatest harm done to your ancestors is the massive discredit you are to your family name. Shut up and do nothing for a while and the stock will surely rise.

Another compulsive, weird, addled, deranged, incoherent, flagging, and off putting public appearance by trump that shed no light on anything but his persistently progressing deterioration. It makes certain posters twitchy and prone to short incoherent outbursts.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32648 on: April 27, 2020, 09:22:12 PM »

The multi-task.....

Maybe if I have time I will wail about my ancestors being wronged - then I can be a patriot like Larry.

Thank you for demonstrating my point.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #32649 on: April 27, 2020, 09:41:00 PM »

The multi-task.....

Fuckin’ white people...

https://www.npr.org/2018/08/04/635294139/for-president-trump-life-is-just-not-fair-and-what-that-means-for-the-rest-of-us
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #32650 on: April 27, 2020, 09:41:52 PM »

So ten or so years after NancyPelosi rammed through Obama Care( you have to pass the bill  to read  the bill) the mishmash is going to cost $Billions-of dollars more. SCOTUS says so 8-1.
Nancy is the gal that keeps on picking our pockets.
Yep.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #32651 on: April 27, 2020, 09:45:01 PM »

She's good.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #32652 on: April 27, 2020, 09:59:31 PM »

So ten or so years after NancyPelosi rammed through Obama Care( you have to pass the bill  to read  the bill) the mishmash is going to cost $Billions-of dollars more. SCOTUS says so 8-1.
Nancy is the gal that keeps on picking our pockets.
Yep.

SCOTUS just saved the GOP from itself and you’re too stupid to realize.

All previous arguments about healthcare are OVER.

The for profit healthcare system is dead.

You lost Covid19 won.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32653 on: April 27, 2020, 10:08:15 PM »

The ability of common sense to misconstrue nature and causality is what led Francis Bacon et al to devise the methods of modern science.   I could write a very long list of common sense beliefs that would include phlogiston, spontaneous generation, the Ptolemaic system (geocentric), Lamarckian heritability,  flat Earth, mercury as safe medicine,  and the superiority of the blue-eyed.   I promised I wouldn't respond directly to the troll a few days ago,  but wow it's impressive how it got everyone explaining the placebo effect all over again for the umpteenth time.
By the way, perhaps my favorite fact in all the world is this: Francis Bacon died of pneumonia supposedly contracted from experimenting with ice and snow as a means of preserving meat, making him both Empiricism's founder and its first victim.

I realize that may not be how one contracts pneumonia. I do not care any more than I care how his mother's maiden name was actually pronounced. She will always be Anne Cooke Bacon to me.

He.was also at one time MP from Middlesex. I will leave that joke to others.

If Cooke was pronounced differently in Elizabethan times,  didn't it still mean the same thing?   That is to say,  a surname denoting the avocation of cookery.   So Cooke Bacon would have had the same jokes then, wouldn't it?
I am not an Elizabethan, and "Coke" Bacon sounds like, well, the only way to get me to try coke. Like bacon wrapped asparagus.
A parrot bit me.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #32654 on: April 27, 2020, 10:30:54 PM »

We are so, sooooo screwed

Too many educators are scared shitless of every little mention of this virus - scared shit to go back to their jobs

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/27/us/coronavirus-schools-reopening-plans/index.html

Teachers graduating school this year will have it made.  Many current teachers will not return, so there will be ample openings.  The best of the best should hold out for DOUGH since the states will be rich by that time.

Pages: 1 ... 2175 2176 [2177] 2178 2179 ... 4288