Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2532 2533 [2534] 2535 2536 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1997650 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #37995 on: June 12, 2020, 04:43:36 AM »

There is a mole in trump’s campaign.

He’s holding events so their mere appearance as a scheduling notice motivates his opposition to organize, and vote against him, and thwart him at every turn. Even if you don’t want to think too hard about the underlying issues, it’s impossible not to see clown shoes the imposter going out of his way with dates and venues to make things worse.

At the same time these things are arranged to inflict maximum carnage among the most shameless and influential adherents to the dying regime. Maskless hours In recirculated air followed by sweaty and blubbery pressing of the flesh. It’s like a service where everyone holds a snake for the whole show.

I’m betting it’s that anonymous person, whoever that turns out to be.

(Is it Ivanka, Melania, or some other victim of his affections?)

Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #37996 on: June 12, 2020, 04:49:25 AM »

Thank you for the prep notes on today’s spectacle. It sounds gruesome enough that I’m glad to be emotionally guarded before wading into the details of today’s chapter of American Carnage 2020.

Since de Klerk, certain racist cunts who fancy themselves clever, when they feel the tide of history sweeping up their legs, try to divert the righteously enraged and active toward the strange fruit hanging in the branches and away from the trunk and the roots In order to protect the whole evil tree.

Bambi is just that sort of cunt.

Thank you for marking you self out, darling.

We’ll get to what it means for you in time.

You know the rules...don't try to tell me everyone in the world is not doing it;

"Look after yourself first in this world, son...because nobody else will".

And I rest my case, your honor.

Bambi love, how much more rich and fulfilling would your storied career had been if instead of clocking out of work when you left the shop, you were on the clock till your door shut behind you and you punched in the second you stepped out again. Every time for every purpose you ever left the house. You’d have had your union card from birth and started working shifts by preschool at the latest. Oh, and get this. One of the terms of your employment, reasonable posters here please pardon my French, is that while you work you never take your monkey suit off so it’s very clear even at a distance where you sit in the glorious chain of employment. With a career like that Bambu, how much wiser would you be today than the desiccated crippled loser you are now?

I'm just fine thank you, living in paradise.

Here is where I live...on the coast of NSW...in a town cut out of the bush...just like the ones shown...fires will be back in 20 weeks.
I got lucky last time.
The fire brigade came and said we would be ok.

The coastline is 2137 kms long.
Cities: Sydney, Newcastle, Wollongong...the rest just like shown.

If I ever run out of money, I can buy a camper and live permanently on beaches and their surrounds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXcJPVH4x9U
South Coast

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNkw5LvsScA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJl-2D3vqRg
North coast

The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #37997 on: June 12, 2020, 07:20:44 AM »

I'm not going to find tit for tat examples of the left media lying and knowing they were lying. They're out there but I'm not here to delineate some sort of line that proves one side is "worse" than the other. I'm here to say they are both biased and yes both lie. A definite and willful distortion of the truth is lying and both sides do it. I'm not here to rah rah rah for either of them. I find both sides of this media war "deplorables".

Do you think this sort of political discussion - which side lies more - can ever find any real objective arbiter that both sides would accept as such?   For sure,  no one wants to come here and do heavy lifting on statistics,  fact checks,  independent press audits,  ad infinitum.   Most people have some sort of gut feel they go with,  or they point to the judgment call of their favored pundit or pundits.   Or they just listen to NPR and try to discern some patterns in the info flood.   

I live in a state full of conservatives  (Thune is one of my senators),  so I know some who are just decent honest people whose guiding principle is that federal level governance doesn't work well,  and less is generally more.   They find news feeds that feed that ideology,  and ignore those that don't.   I would ask them, and you:  do you think that approach will take you into a bubble (or an information silo,  as some call it)?   Does it make sense to put down the National Review on occasion,  and pick up The Guardian,  or Mother Jones?   Or should we all just read straight news,  like AP?

I'm a regular here,  so I am glad to see people coming over from sports threads,  and maybe toss in some perspectives that fall between Redstateward and Josh,  on the conservative end.   It could be fun to examine some underlying assumptions we have about government, capitalism,  freedom,  and the dignity of individuals.

I do watch both news. And I try to filter out what is right and what may be questionable as anyone should be doing. Both sides are strongly biased IMO. FOX embellishes to the max. CNN and the other national media outlets embellish as well. But their primary forte is simply not reporting on some news stories at all. Thus they can't be accused of embellishing if they simply don't report it at all. It's all tactics. 

My hope has been that someone or "someones" would come along an attempt some actual healing in this country. But nobody in the country seems very interested in that. Both sides seem so entrenched that any hope of dialog is fantasy at this juncture. We've seem to have become a nation of nonwaivering uncomprovising hate. On both sides.

I was encouraged by the taping of the Chicago Aldermen and their lamentations of the destructions in their precincts.

Before you heal a wound you have to stop the bleeding.

You make a valid point Larry. And so the hateful infighting needs to stop. Which was my point.

Captain David Dorn, who was murdered by a Black protester, was buried yesterday. Not one mention about this on Liberal AOL media(or any of the so-called mainstream media outlets) because it does not fit their obvious agenda. Which attests to my observation of the left's tactics of simply acting like some things just haven't happened. Someone asked me for examples of the left media lying. This is one. To not report the other side of the canvas is indeed a form of lying.

And hand waiving moderates at this point are as invisible to both sides as that story was to AOL, and the rest. Our country is indeed bleeding and nobody seems to want to step back and talk. Or listen.

What do farmers and the media have in common?
They both spend a lot of time spreading shit.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37998 on: June 12, 2020, 07:42:29 AM »

R.I.P.

It seems to be that Captain Dorn was killed by a looter and not a protester, unless you are saying  looting is a valid form of protest. That’s farther than many of the protesters would take things in terms of sheer radicalism, but not as far as some would.

How did you find out about the funeral?

Here’s the CBS link

http://www.kmov.com/news/david-dorn-murder-retired-capt-laid-to-rest-day-after-hundreds-wait-in-line-at/article_5eb01460-a7e3-11ea-b58e-d71455217e75.html

And here’s a piece in The Daily Beast, but it’s from the viewing and march, which both preceded the funeral.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/aj-mcqueen-marches-for-george-floyd-and-mourns-uncle-david-dorn-st-louis-police-captain-slain-by-looter

I don’t think Captain Dorn would have suffered the four horsemen of George Floyd’s apocalypse under his command. He seems like a really good guy. Police culture being what it is though, he might not have had a choice but to quit or put up with bad cops like that.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #37999 on: June 12, 2020, 08:16:45 AM »

And if you don't think Larry is oppressed, think again.

He's a Knick fan afterall ...

Nah. I’m done. I hung in as long as I could but I think Dolan is gonna outlast  my fandom. 1967 to a few years back. I don’t have an NFL team anymore because I live in DC and after the way the nation reacted to the NFL players protest i’d had enough of the United Church of the NFL.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2020, 08:36:50 AM by LarryBnDC »
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #38000 on: June 12, 2020, 08:30:54 AM »

R.I.P.

It seems to be that Captain Dorn was killed by a looter and not a protester, unless you are saying  looting is a valid form of protest. That’s farther than many of the protesters would take things in terms of sheer radicalism, but not as far as some would.

Here’s the CBS link

http://www.kmov.com/news/david-dorn-murder-retired-capt-laid-to-rest-day-after-hundreds-wait-in-line-at/article_5eb01460-a7e3-11ea-b58e-d71455217e75.html

And here’s a piece in The Daily Beast, but it’s from the viewing and march, which both preceded the funeral.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/aj-mcqueen-marches-for-george-floyd-and-mourns-uncle-david-dorn-st-louis-police-captain-slain-by-looter

I don’t think Captain Dorn would have suffered the four horsemen of George Floyd’s apocalypse under his command. He seems like a really good guy. Police culture being what it is though, he might not have had a choice but to quit or put up with bad cops like that.

I didn't infer that at all. So I'm not sure where you're getting that. Unless it is a bait and switch tactic.

The CBS station you referenced is a local station. But the CBS National news was mute. As were the rest.

The Daily Beast is not a major mainstream outlet. In fact I've never heard of it. Doesn't make is invalid. But it is about as well known as its Conservative counterpart The Daily Caller is known to most liberals. But I suspect you know that already.

Once again none of the major players, CNN, MSNBC, ABC National, CBS National, NBC National, or a Major online AOL, mentioned it at all.

How did I find out about the funeral? From FOX news which one would of course expect to see it as it fits their agenda. And once again I'm not picking sides in this. I'm trying to make the point of each side has their own agenda and dogma to attend to.
What do farmers and the media have in common?
They both spend a lot of time spreading shit.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #38001 on: June 12, 2020, 08:32:19 AM »

I'm not going to find tit for tat examples of the left media lying and knowing they were lying. They're out there but I'm not here to delineate some sort of line that proves one side is "worse" than the other. I'm here to say they are both biased and yes both lie. A definite and willful distortion of the truth is lying and both sides do it. I'm not here to rah rah rah for either of them. I find both sides of this media war "deplorables".

Do you think this sort of political discussion - which side lies more - can ever find any real objective arbiter that both sides would accept as such?   For sure,  no one wants to come here and do heavy lifting on statistics,  fact checks,  independent press audits,  ad infinitum.   Most people have some sort of gut feel they go with,  or they point to the judgment call of their favored pundit or pundits.   Or they just listen to NPR and try to discern some patterns in the info flood.   

I live in a state full of conservatives  (Thune is one of my senators),  so I know some who are just decent honest people whose guiding principle is that federal level governance doesn't work well,  and less is generally more.   They find news feeds that feed that ideology,  and ignore those that don't.   I would ask them, and you:  do you think that approach will take you into a bubble (or an information silo,  as some call it)?   Does it make sense to put down the National Review on occasion,  and pick up The Guardian,  or Mother Jones?   Or should we all just read straight news,  like AP?

I'm a regular here,  so I am glad to see people coming over from sports threads,  and maybe toss in some perspectives that fall between Redstateward and Josh,  on the conservative end.   It could be fun to examine some underlying assumptions we have about government, capitalism,  freedom,  and the dignity of individuals.

I do watch both news. And I try to filter out what is right and what may be questionable as anyone should be doing. Both sides are strongly biased IMO. FOX embellishes to the max. CNN and the other national media outlets embellish as well. But their primary forte is simply not reporting on some news stories at all. Thus they can't be accused of embellishing if they simply don't report it at all. It's all tactics. 

My hope has been that someone or "someones" would come along an attempt some actual healing in this country. But nobody in the country seems very interested in that. Both sides seem so entrenched that any hope of dialog is fantasy at this juncture. We've seem to have become a nation of nonwaivering uncomprovising hate. On both sides.

I was encouraged by the taping of the Chicago Aldermen and their lamentations of the destructions in their precincts.

Before you heal a wound you have to stop the bleeding.

You make a valid point Larry. And so the hateful infighting needs to stop. Which was my point.

Captain David Dorn, who was murdered by a Black protester, was buried yesterday. Not one mention about this on Liberal AOL media(or yany of the so-called mainstream media outlets) because it does not fit their obvious agenda. Which attests to my observation of the left's tactics of simply acting like some things just haven't happened. Someone asked me for examples of the left media lying. This is one. To not report the other side of the canvas is indeed a form of lying.

And hand waiving moderates at this point are as invisible to both sides as that story was to AOL, and the rest. Our country is indeed bleeding and nobody seems to want to step back and talk. Or listen.

Bruh...

There have been three arrests in the murder of Captain Dorn.

He wasn’t shot by Black protestors he was killed by FUCKING CROOKS who were being crooks.

Step back and talk?

How many times have we tried to talk?

NFL players tried to do this peacefully and the President said “get that sonuvabitch of the field! He’s fired!”

Ya didn’t want to talk when the opportunity was there.

Now, just shut up and listen.

Read the room, Grandpa.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #38002 on: June 12, 2020, 08:47:05 AM »

And once again I'm not picking sides in this. I'm trying to make the point of each side has their own agenda and dogma to attend to.

Sorry my brother, but you are full of shit.

Dorn was called by an alarm at a pawn shop in the early morning hours because there was a robbery in progress. 

That you chose to describe the perpetrator of that robbery as a "protester" absolutely lays your agenda bare.  What protesters are out in the middle of the night, and why would anyone describe a pawn shop robbery as a form of protest?  They wouldn't of course.  Which is why maybe the MSM outlets didn't.

You, on the other hand, are a racist asshole who thinks because the robber was black you could describe him as a BLM protester, and think the conclusion is so straightforward that you can not imagine why on earth none of the major media outlets would see it that way.

Seriously.  Fuck off.  There is truly nothing more disgusting than your to hide your racism behind your inhabiting a higher moral plain than the rest of us .
« Last Edit: June 12, 2020, 08:48:55 AM by NeedsAdjustments »
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #38003 on: June 12, 2020, 08:48:16 AM »

R.I.P.

Here’s the CBS link

I didn't infer that at all. So I'm not sure where you're getting that. Unless it is a bait and switch tactic.

The CBS station you referenced is a local station. But the CBS National news was mute. As were the rest.

The Daily Beast is not a major mainstream outlet. In fact I've never heard of it. Doesn't make is invalid. But it is about as well known as its Conservative counterpart The Daily Caller is known to most liberals. But I suspect you know that already.

Once again none of the major players, CNN, MSNBC, ABC National, CBS National, NBC National, or a Major online AOL, mentioned it at all.

How did I find out about the funeral? From FOX news which one would of course expect to see it as it fits their agenda. And once again I'm not picking sides in this. I'm trying to make the point of each side has their own agenda and dogma to attend to.

(4 days ago)
https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/08/us/st-louis-man-arrested-shooting-retired-police-officer-david-dorn/index.html

(4 days ago)
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/david-dorn-arrest-suspect-killing-st-louis-police-captain-protest/

(5 days ago)
https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/man-charged-in-slaying-of-retired-st-louis-police-captain/2020/06/07/8741c194-a91e-11ea-a43b-be9f6494a87d_story.html

(3 days)
And the ‘liberal’ Washington Post opinion column by conservative Marc Thiessen
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/06/09/deaths-that-dont-fit-defund-police-narrative/

Have a seat.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #38004 on: June 12, 2020, 08:49:55 AM »

And once again I'm not picking sides in this. I'm trying to make the point of each side has their own agenda and dogma to attend to.

Sorry my brother, but you are full of shit.

Dorn was called by an alarm at a pawn shop in the early morning hours because there was a robbery in progress. 

That you chose to describe the perpetrator of that robbery as a "protester" absolutely lays your agenda bare.  What protesters are out in the middle of the night, and why would anyone describe a pawn shop robbery as a form of protest?  They wouldn't of course.  Which is why maybe the MSM outlets didn't.

You, on the other hand, are a racist asshole who thinks because the robber was black you could describe him as a BLM protester, and think the conclusion is so straightforward that you can not imagine why on earth none of the major media outlets would see it that way.

Seriously.  Fuck off.  There is truly nothing more disgusting than your to hide your racism behind your inhabiting a higher moral plain than the rest of us .

Lyndon Johnson

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #38005 on: June 12, 2020, 08:54:20 AM »

R.I.P.

Here’s the CBS link

AOL is not a news outlet like the others you mentioned.  They aggregate reports from actual news outlets in a manner similar to the Drudge Report.  And there was plenty on the AOL site  about the murder.
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #38006 on: June 12, 2020, 08:55:19 AM »

And no doubt CaptainCargo will read my post and come away shaking his head at all the "hate on both sides."

Trump:  Those minority congresspeople should go back to the country they came from, like those immigrants from shithole countries that I don't want here, and those Mexican rapists.

Democrats:  It is unacceptable that Trump's immigration policy is being guided by a racist agenda.

CaptainCargo:  So much hate on both sides.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

barton

« Reply #38007 on: June 12, 2020, 09:00:21 AM »

Quote from: CaptainCargo link=topic=55.msg128869#msg128869

[quote
Captain David Dorn, who was murdered by a Black protester, was buried yesterday. Not one mention about this on Liberal AOL media(or any of the so-called mainstream media outlets) because it does not fit their obvious agenda. Which attests to my observation of the left's tactics of simply acting like some things just haven't happened. Someone asked me for examples of the left media lying. This is one. To not report the other side of the canvas is indeed a form of lying.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/jun/02/george-floyd-protests-people-killed

David Dorn's death is reported in the story in THE GUARDIAN.   This doesn't really lend support to your thesis that left-leaning news outlets are ignoring it.   I cannot find any evidence the killer was part of the BLM protest.   Or that this was anything but an opportunistic crime that,  tragically, does happen amidst chaos.   

SORRY SO SLOW,  EVERYONE,  GETTING BACK HERE (WE HAVE HOUSEGUESTS,  WENT HIKING YESTERDAY IN THE HILLS).   THANKS TO THOSE WHO CLARIFIED SOME ON THE SALLY HEMMINGS MATTER.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #38009 on: June 12, 2020, 09:10:04 AM »

David Dorn's death is reported in the story in THE GUARDIAN.   This doesn't really lend support to your thesis that left-leaning news outlets are ignoring it.   I cannot find any evidence the killer was part of the BLM protest.   Or that this was anything but an opportunistic crime that,  tragically, does happen amidst chaos.   

Media outlets do decide which stories they cover by their relevance to ongoing narratives.  You could probably point to cases where their choices miss the mark, or where they miss the point.  I know I could.

But the notion that Dorn wasn't covered by all these disparate and independent media outlets ("CNN, MSNBC, ABC National, CBS National, NBC National, or a Major online AOL") because of liberal bias, like they all decided "Hey, we can't cover this story because it makes BLM look bad " is a pure goofy conspiracy theory.

Like, we've never seen the MSM over stories that make BLM look bad, right?

REDSTATEWARD must be happy though, that he is now not the only one wearing a tin foil hat on the forum.  When someone else is doing it too he looks a little less stupid.  Or so he thinks.
Pages: 1 ... 2532 2533 [2534] 2535 2536 ... 4288