Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1870091 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #1366 on: August 24, 2018, 11:05:17 PM »

I have no preordained vetting philosophy over possible immigrants, only a broad perspective of what they have to offer or could offer. There is very little along those lines that can be predictive based solely on chain migration. I would also favor abolishing the practice of automatically accepting a person as a citizen if the only criterion is they were born here.

Then take your dumb ass and get the fuck out.
Intelligent repsone from a guy who couldn’t figure out how to re-log in to a closed site.

Sorry, but I have people who do that stuff for me... or I did until my kid bought a house.

To your point however, your statement on citizenship is not only arrogant and stupid, it is unAmerican.
You check that out with your kid?

I don’t have to. I know xenophobic BULLSHIT and prejudice when I smell it and that odor emanates from everything you post.
should be easy to point out my xenophobic phrases then.  Go ahead.

You tell us why you are not a xenophobic fuckhead. Go ahead.
Nothing I argued for was xenophobic.

Red, you never think anything you say is wrong! (Well, I remember once when you corrected a mistake. But only once.)

You could not even bring yourself to admit that Michael Cohen's first name is Michael, not Roger!

So, why on Earth would anybody take seriously your claim that you wrote nothing xenophobic? Your fear of the results of open-borders is xenophobic. Your wanting to keep out immigrants unless they fit some imaginary profile you don't have in mind is xenophobic.

And I did note that you are not claiming that you are not xenophobic, merely that you hadn't said anything others would find xenophobic.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: August 24, 2018, 11:14:22 PM »

Josh

Its not so much that Red is xenophobic, he is, but the real issue is he hates most Americans. Its going to be an issue for him until he accepts the melting pot idea.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: August 24, 2018, 11:44:30 PM »

I have no preordained vetting philosophy over possible immigrants, only a broad perspective of what they have to offer or could offer. There is very little along those lines that can be predictive based solely on chain migration. I would also favor abolishing the practice of automatically accepting a person as a citizen if the only criterion is they were born here.

Intelligent repsone from a guy who couldn’t figure out how to re-log in to a closed site.

Sorry, but I have people who do that stuff for me... or I did until my kid bought a house.

To your point however, your statement on citizenship is not only arrogant and stupid, it is unAmerican.

I don’t have to. I know xenophobic BULLSHIT and prejudice when I smell it and that odor emanates from everything you post.

Red, you never think anything you say is wrong! (Well, I remember once when you corrected a mistake. But only once.)

You could not even bring yourself to admit that Michael Cohen's first name is Michael, not Roger!

So, why on Earth would anybody take seriously your claim that you wrote nothing xenophobic?
All you have to do is point out anything I said that  matches your definition.
Your fear of the results of open-borders is xenophobic.
I never argued against open borders. I only stated that any immigration policy should admit those who meet our country’s  needs, can adapt to our culture, and expand it. Please explain your fear of that.
Your wanting to keep out immigrants unless they fit some imaginary profile you don't have in mind is xenophobic.
Hardly. The USA can never accept everyone who wants to come here. That is not xenophobic it is reality.

And I did note that you are not claiming that you are not xenophobic, merely that you hadn't said anything others would find xenophobic.
Is that some sort of JoshBabble?

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #1369 on: August 25, 2018, 12:07:29 AM »

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: August 25, 2018, 01:01:02 AM »

So, why on Earth would anybody take seriously your claim that you wrote nothing xenophobic?
All you have to do is point out anything I said that  matches your definition.
Your fear of the results of open-borders is xenophobic.
I never argued against open borders. I only stated that any immigration policy should admit those who meet our country’s  needs, can adapt to our culture, and expand it. Please explain your fear of that.
Your wanting to keep out immigrants unless they fit some imaginary profile you don't have in mind is xenophobic.
Hardly. The USA can never accept everyone who wants to come here. That is not xenophobic it is reality.

Is that some sort of JoshBabble?

I pointed it out.

You denied it, as expected.

Boring.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: August 25, 2018, 01:01:52 AM »

About that amazing Trump economy that I keep hearing a couple folks here talking about:
https://www.forbes.com/sites/petergeorgescu/2018/08/22/americas-real-economy-it-isnt-booming/#72b1e11560b7

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: August 25, 2018, 01:41:17 AM »

https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/24/politics/trump-tower-doorman-contract-ami/index.html

Now that the National Enquirer has turned on Trump, folks previously bound to silence by their exclusivity contracts are now free to talk.

This one is now talking.

Does it involve anything criminal? Probably not.

But it does seem pretty likely to involve an out-of-wedlock child.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: August 25, 2018, 02:17:39 AM »

Is that what's going on?
As part of Pecker's cooperation, his media group is letting folks out of any trump related non-disclosure agreements, many of which carry large financial penalties?  Interesting.

Trump is certainly right about one thing.
You never want an independent prosecutor appointed to poke into any of your doings.  And Trump feels like Sessions sandbagged him and allowed Mueller to be appointed.

I felt like that was the main take-away of the Starr investigation of Clinton.  These investigations morph and expand and take on a life of their own, and should be avoided at all costs.

the other main takeaway is don't have the president testify (or at worst get the questions in advance and limit the cope), as the special counsel has a lot of info and will ask questions based on that special knowledge, and the Prez won't know what is known. 

To sum up, we have Flynn willing to testify about talks with Russkies; Cohen about campaign violations and potentially more dirt.  Pecker and the CFO of Trump Org have been granted immunity and are cooperating.  Manafort is in deep shit.  Donald Jr fucked up with the meeting and the subsequent lies (reportedly at the direction of The Donald Sr.).   Not sure what Kushner might be facing.
But the walls really closing in on Trump.
Who can he trust?
Who's left?
Sarah Huckster-Sanders?
Kelly?
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: August 25, 2018, 02:44:45 AM »

https://www.senate.gov/artandhistory/history/minute/Compulsory_Attendance.htm

Why the Democratic Senators cannot just abandon the Capitol and create a lack of quorum.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1375 on: August 25, 2018, 03:33:09 AM »

https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/24/politics/trump-tower-doorman-contract-ami/index.html

Now that the National Enquirer has turned on Trump, folks previously bound to silence by their exclusivity contracts are now free to talk.

This one is now talking.

Does it involve anything criminal? Probably not.

But it does seem pretty likely to involve an out-of-wedlock child.

Yeah. We’re going to have a slow rolling avalanche of trump’s secret children and coerced abortions right on through the elections. Also NYC & NYS probably don’t feel the same compunction not to bring new indictments or other similar bombshells down in the trump klan during election season.

Which trump spawn is first to grab an immunity deal of their own and turn on the patriarch? I think it will be Eric followed closely by Ivanka.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: August 25, 2018, 06:16:46 AM »

A Democratic House where a quarter or more of the minority republican Congresscritters win their races by ducking trump rather than embracing him would mean that trump can be impeached and removed in 2019. It would mean at least 20 republican Senators would be running in 2020 in States where they would understand that trump is pure political poison. Impeachment and removal is a quasi-legal quasi-political process. That would sow up the politics. Trump has already hung himself on the law by first committing then admitting to numerous high crimes and misdemeanors while at the same time driving all his coconspirators to turn against him.

Oklahoma’s Tom Cole is showing the younger sheep with their e-cigs how it’s done.

http://www.google.com/amp/s/www.tulsaworld.com/news/government/trump-developments-pretty-disturbing-congressman-tom-cole-says/article_d3d86826-af64-5ca1-ad56-a03a9701de10.amp.html
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: August 25, 2018, 08:22:31 AM »

WILMINGTON, NC – Robert J. Higdon, Jr., United States Attorney for the Eastern District of North Carolina today announced that nineteen foreign nationals were charged with, among other crimes, voting by alien for their actions prior to and on November 8, 2016. A twentieth defendant was charged with aiding and abetting a fellow defendant in falsely claiming United States citizenship in order to register to vote.

The cases are being investigated under the newly created framework of the Document and Benefit Fraud Task Force (DBFTF) in the Eastern District of North Carolina lead by Immigration and Customs Enforcement - Homeland Security Investigations, and assisted by Enforcement Removal Operations, and the Department of State - Diplomatic Security Service. The investigation as to voting fraud is ongoing.

https://www.justice.gov/usao-ednc/pr/nineteen-foreign-nationals-charged-voting-2016-election

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: August 25, 2018, 08:55:35 AM »

Is that what's going on?
As part of Pecker's cooperation, his media group is letting folks out of any trump related non-disclosure agreements, many of which carry large financial penalties?  Interesting.

Trump is certainly right about one thing.
You never want an independent prosecutor appointed to poke into any of your doings.  And Trump feels like Sessions sandbagged him and allowed Mueller to be appointed.

I felt like that was the main take-away of the Starr investigation of Clinton.  These investigations morph and expand and take on a life of their own, and should be avoided at all costs.

the other main takeaway is don't have the president testify (or at worst get the questions in advance and limit the cope), as the special counsel has a lot of info and will ask questions based on that special knowledge, and the Prez won't know what is known. 

To sum up, we have Flynn willing to testify about talks with Russkies; Cohen about campaign violations and potentially more dirt.  Pecker and the CFO of Trump Org have been granted immunity and are cooperating.  Manafort is in deep shit.  Donald Jr fucked up with the meeting and the subsequent lies (reportedly at the direction of The Donald Sr.).   Not sure what Kushner might be facing.
But the walls really closing in on Trump.
Who can he trust?
Who's left?
Sarah Huckster-Sanders?
Kelly?

La familia.

One of them turns, then you may have a story.

barton

« Reply #1379 on: August 25, 2018, 10:09:12 AM »

So,  millions of votes,  and they found 19 were fraudulent. 

It's the End Times.   Crack open the 7th seal.   Release the four horsemen.
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 4288