Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2494 2495 [2496] 2497 2498 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1997718 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #37425 on: June 09, 2020, 01:43:32 PM »

David Dorn is just as dead as George Floyd.

You, too, can set up a protest, if you want, Bambi.

Otherwise, this is just posturing on your part, especially since you have been clear that you will do nothing for nobody unless you are rewarded for it.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37426 on: June 09, 2020, 01:45:24 PM »

Biden will be the 45th President in January if the nation hasn’t fallen by then. Trump is a house breaker committing a long and extensive robbery of the nation’s goods. The only way he gets a number is when they issue one to him with his orange jumpsuit.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37427 on: June 09, 2020, 01:45:55 PM »

Dorn was killed by criminals.  They have been caught and will be punished.  What's to protest?

Like with many matters, folks get upset when a certain side or the other does not speak out on each misstep by their brethren.

Trump suppoters - or you could categorize it differently - are more likely to say something about Dorn's death.  Never Trumpers will not speak on this - but it doesnt mean they condone the action.

Blah, blah, blah.

You can join your friends and talk without doing a damned thing to make things better - even in the ways you claim are important.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37428 on: June 09, 2020, 01:48:43 PM »

Poll puts Trump down 14 points to Biden in general election showdown

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/poll-trump-down-14-points-to-biden-in-general-election-showdown

before everyone dies of c19 or police brutality

That poll - some would call it an outlier - should right itself next week

General Election: Trump vs. Biden   The Hill/HarrisX   Biden 47, Trump 37   Biden +10
General Election: Trump vs. Biden   CNN   Biden 55, Trump 41   Biden +14

Not much of an outlier.

And yes, it should correct itself, perhaps to Biden +18.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37429 on: June 09, 2020, 01:49:49 PM »

People are not protesting Floyd's death  but the toxic police culture and institutional racism that is behind it.  His.death is an example, a symbol, and a flash point.  Not the subject.
How convenient.
How true. And that is the only sardine you are getting from me on this subject.
Obviously.  Since science refutes your bias (along with common sense).

What are you talking about?! "Science" doesn't refute anything he said.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37430 on: June 09, 2020, 02:04:10 PM »

facilitatorn

• View Profile

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37432 on: June 09, 2020, 02:09:49 PM »

Is Trump buried?  I honestly don't think we can state this til at least mid September.

I honestly don't think anyone is stating that.  Yankguy still thinks Trump will win.

What we can state is that the polling landscape is very bad for Trump; approval headed below 40%, +9 generic ballot lead for Congressional Democrats, and of course national polling that puts Biden's position in line with that of a popular incumbent.

And while yes, 2016 demonstrated the limits of national polls in predicting the electoral college winner, and state polling has more noise, there are good signs there for Biden too.  He is leading in some polls in Georgia and Texas, for fucks sake.

The Trump Administration has been terrible and the polling reflects it.  But we know Trump will play dirty, and we know Republicans in Congress will stand behind him no matter what it means for our Democracy.  So yeah, there are unknowns.

I think Trump is toast.

Regardless...

.....forever 45th POTUS

Much to our dismay and the country's suffering.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #37433 on: June 09, 2020, 02:15:04 PM »

http://www.dcreport.org/2020/06/09/whose-law-whose-order/

If for no other reason than the use of “ilk” in the headline.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #37434 on: June 09, 2020, 02:15:57 PM »

Cap I think Fox distorts its news shows to further a politcal view. Ailes created Fox to protect and promote Republican interests. And thats what it does. And prime time talking heads (opinion not news), Hannity, Carlson, Ingrham are totally in the Trump bag. IMO there is no objectivity on prime time Fox. Again they know they're bullshitting but they don't care. They feed the base a lot of red meat even if it ultimately gives them heart disease.

MSNBC editorial take is almost a mirror political image, but I do not think they distort facts to shape it to a political view. They promote a liberal agenda. And they are selective in their presentations. But knowing the biases I still generally trust their take 

CNN is reasonably neutral in its presentation of facts but it does have an anti-Trump feel to it. but then again Trump has been trying to destroy dissent and free speech in this country for 3 years, and has bashed CNN as fake news, so a spirited defense is IMO warranted.

and I realize you can rationalize the MSNBC/Fox biases as a wash, but one is far more toxic than the other.

I respect your viewpoint Rich. But I am still firmly of the mind that both are incredible homers for their cause/s. And both unabashedly spout out biased propaganda by the truckload.

If I ever saw a news broadcaster these days (any broadcaster) just reporting the news without try to nuance it one way or the other I think I'd fall over with shock.
What do farmers and the media have in common?
They both spend a lot of time spreading shit.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #37435 on: June 09, 2020, 02:17:30 PM »

If trump is numbered among the presidents at all he gets number 37.2

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #37436 on: June 09, 2020, 02:18:39 PM »

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/poll-trump-down-14-points-to-biden-in-general-election-showdown

General Election: Trump vs. Biden   The Hill/HarrisX   Biden 47, Trump 37   Biden +10

Not much of an outlier.

Hillary also had the election sewn up before the voting began
« Last Edit: June 09, 2020, 02:20:17 PM by CaptainCargo »

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #37437 on: June 09, 2020, 02:19:09 PM »

Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37439 on: June 09, 2020, 02:28:22 PM »

Not much of an outlier.

Hillary also had the election sewn up before the voting began

I don't believe the election is sewn up, Cap.

I also don't believe that Biden will have a Comey-like scenario, but I could of course be mistaken.

My comment was purely a counter to the absurdity of Kid's comment.
Pages: 1 ... 2494 2495 [2496] 2497 2498 ... 4288