Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2587 2588 [2589] 2590 2591 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1866577 times)

Echo4

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #38820 on: June 17, 2020, 09:15:44 PM »

Speaking of people who are terribly wrong:

‘More police officers are shot and killed by blacks than police officers kill African-Americans,’ claims former New York Mayor Giuliani

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #38821 on: June 17, 2020, 09:21:27 PM »

Damn - you guys are funny.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #38822 on: June 17, 2020, 09:22:40 PM »

‘More police officers are shot and killed by blacks than police officers kill African-Americans,’ claims former New York Mayor Giuliani

and 56% of US murders are committed by blacks?

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #38823 on: June 17, 2020, 09:23:23 PM »

Despite  Elbian views that a taser is not a lethal weapon

It's not "Elbian views." That's been its technical description from the US DoD. Taser these days refers to it as "less lethal," because misuse exists.

While they are not technically considered lethal, some authorities and non-governmental organizations question both the degree of safety presented by the weapon and the ethical implications of using a weapon that some, such as sections of Amnesty International, allege is inhumane. As a consequence, Amnesty International Canada and other civil liberties organizations have argued that a moratorium should be placed on Taser use until research can determine a way for them to be safely used.[9] Amnesty International has documented over 500 deaths that occurred after the use of Tasers.[23] Police sources question whether the Taser was the actual cause of death in those cases, as many of the deaths occurred in people with serious medical conditions and/or severe drug intoxication, often to the point of excited delirium.

You want to argue with Wikipedia, knock yourself out, Ward and Kid. I didn't write this - so go ahead and edit it. I think it may well still be one degree of murder or another.
Paul Howard, Jr called the taser a “ deadly weapon”.
Argue with him.

You made a fatuous claim. I demonsdtrated to everybody but you that you were wrong.
No you didn’t.

But you also claim that Paul Howard said that. Got a link to back that up? I see a charge of "assault with a deadly weapon," but nowhere in which that is said to be the taser.
Ah. 
“ assault with a deadly weapon”.

You still can't format. I modified it a little for readability.

You cannot admit you were wrong.

And yes - the gun.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2020, 09:33:03 PM by Echo4 »

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38824 on: June 17, 2020, 09:26:33 PM »

Red is wrong but won’t admit it.  Our Good Samaritan is testing the theory that Red may be educable with trump his far very disappointing results.

I gave up on Red years ago and only kick him a bit when he gets out of hand.

Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #38826 on: June 17, 2020, 09:30:35 PM »

and 56% of US murders are committed by blacks?

Oh, look - ignoring the topic because it didn't suit you.

And no, they aren't. But the arrest stats would agree with you. This is especially true in 2020, where the vast majority of murders are done by whites and a disproportionately high percentage of the victims are black.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #38827 on: June 17, 2020, 09:33:52 PM »

Words never spoken by Ward here and seldom by Kid.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #38828 on: June 17, 2020, 09:57:29 PM »

More places that Ward thinks we should stay away from, in his warm, compassionate take on things:

https://abcnews.go.com/US/icus-full-patients-dying-alabama-counties-largest-jump/story?id=71295417&cid=clicksource_4380645_7_heads_posts_card_related

https://khn.org/news/arizona-reopening-health-experts-link-rise-in-coronavirus-cases-to-ending-stay-at-home-order/

Just as much of the US was improving, 10 states are seeing their highest seven-day average of new coronavirus cases per day since the pandemic started months ago, according to a CNN analysis of data from Johns Hopkins University.

The data includes new cases reported by Johns Hopkins through Tuesday. The states seeing record-high averages are Alabama, Arizona, California, Florida, Nevada, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Carolina and Texas.

At what point do you suppose he would grant that maybe it's a problem?

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #38829 on: June 17, 2020, 10:09:31 PM »

After shooting Brooks, Rolfe said "I got him" and kicked Brooks, and Brosnan then stood on Brooks' shoulder, Howard said. The officers did not provide medical aid to Brooks for over two minutes after shooting him, Howard said.

One of Rolfe's gunshots also hit an occupied vehicle nearby in the Wendy's lot, endangering the passengers inside.

Brosnan has agreed to be a state's witness, Howard said.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/17/us/rayshard-brooks-atlanta-shooting-wednesday/index.html

I think the failure to provide medical aid, if that is the case, is pretty damning.

DA performance was laughable

Yeah. That’s why the second cop rolled.

The DA wrapped this case in a bow.

Evidence - videos video videos
Testimony - fellows whose car caught around. Witnesses (plural) plus THE SECOND COP.

Thin Blue Line is fraying.

Can we have a retraction. LB?

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #38830 on: June 17, 2020, 10:24:01 PM »

ATL finding out quickly tonight how NOT to treat your cops.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #38831 on: June 17, 2020, 10:29:09 PM »

[Thin Blue Line is fraying.

Can we have a retraction. LB?

Why?

http://www.vox.com/2020/6/13/21290334/atlanta-police-shooting-wendys-video

“Brosnan has also agreed to be a state’s witness, Howard said.”

Richard P. Feynman

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #38832 on: June 17, 2020, 10:36:29 PM »

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #38833 on: June 17, 2020, 10:49:49 PM »

Getting ready for Trump's appearance at the Bok Center, with a bunch of young folks singing merrily, standing near each other, without masks.

Seems apt.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1273416410283290625

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #38834 on: June 17, 2020, 10:54:06 PM »

Attorneys for officer Devin Brosnan refuted Fulton County District Attorney Paul L. Howard Jr.’s assertion that Brosnan would be a “state’s witness” in the case against Garrett Rolfe.

If I were Brosnan, I would not want to have publicly declared I would be the state's witness. I suspect this is damage control - note that the lawyers did not claim Howard lied. They promised his cooperation with the office just as he cooperated with the GBI.

I suspect that Howard did not lie and the lawyers are lying at this point, but that could be wrong - Howard could have jumped the gun.
Pages: 1 ... 2587 2588 [2589] 2590 2591 ... 4288